Thank you for your interest in our Graduate Certificate in Adult Learning program. For details about how to apply to this program please review the Graduate Certificate in Adult Learning Application Process, Check List and Guidelines.
We offer two application opportunities each year. For Fall admission we will accept applications by February 1. The application deadline for Spring admission is November 1 of each year. In the appropriate place on the Graduate School application please note for which semester you would like to be considered for admission.
Please note that the Admissions Committee cannot make a decision about your application until the application is complete with all required information and materials.
Please keep in mind, the GCAL is expressly designed for individuals NOT interested in an advanced degree (e.g., MA or PhD) in Adult Learning. It is not intended as a means of transitioning into a degree program.
1. Assemble your application materials for the Graduate School:
- Personal Statement of Purpose1
- Current resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Residence Affidavit
- TOEFL Scores (if a foreign student)
- Unofficial transcripts of all collegiate work (including UConn)
- Contact information for three references/recommenders2
2. Complete the Application to the Graduate School (online preferred)
1. In your Personal Statement of Purpose address: (a) your experience working with adults and/or facilitating adult learning, (b) your reasons for pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Adult Learning at the University of Connecticut, and (c) your professional goals and how the Graduate Certificate in Adult Learning relates to those goals.
2. During the application process, an applicant asked to provide contact information for three recommenders. The people submitting reference letters on your behalf may send their letters to our admissions office electronically through our application system. For those people who wish to submit their letter of reference on paper, please download and print a copy of our reference form and follow the directions for paper references. You must input the names and contact information for each provider, whether they will be submitting electronically or on paper. For those providers that wish to submit their letter electronically, be sure to mark “Yes” for the online submission question on the Provider Input Form.